he Nintendo Wii is one of thebest versions

Need writing advice? Want to share works in progress? Look here!

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

sandywang5230
Reanimator
Reanimator

he Nintendo Wii is one of thebest versions

Post by sandywang5230 »

Just as the seasons change, peopleexpect to see the latest update in the EA sports roster, especially with theintroduction of a new gaming console.With the launch of the new Nintendo Wiiconsole people were wondering how Madden FIFA would change, and how it wouldincorporate the new motion sensor control scheme.People wondered if thecontrols would be too gimmicky after playing it for a while, and how would thegame stand up to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions since the Wii has lessgraphical horsepower.Well after playing with the game for many hours you canput all your fears at ease as Madden NFL 07 for the Nintendo Wii is one of thebest versions I have played this year.Out with the old and in withthe newThat is what I thought of when Ifirst booted up this game and started playing it.When you first load up thegame you will be presented with the usual options plus a new one entitled LearnMadden, which is very essential to go through if you want to be successful withthis game.This mode is very similar to some of the training camp modes butinstead of drilling you on how to perform plays this mode shows you how toactually play the game with the new motion sensitive controls.The thing about this game is that itis so radically different that you have to take the time to learn the controls.Even after you go through this mode you will find yourself trying to play thegame as you would on any of the other consoles.For instance, after playingthrough all of the training fut 16 coins modes I found myself pressing the A button to hikethe FIFA even though I knew that it would never work, old habits die hard.After you get though the mild learning curve for this game you will see how funthis game really is with all of the new controls.You will actually feel thatyou are really in the game playing since you are having to hike the ball, throwit, stiff arm people, and so on.I thought that it would be hard for the game toovercome its graphical deficiencies in-comparison to the Xbox 360 andPlayStation 3 counterparts, but the new controller scheme more than makes up forit and then some.Since I have effectively hyped upthe controls enough let me go ahead and tell you what you actually do and howfun it is.Instead of pressing buttons to get things done you now use variousmotions.For instance to thrown a ball you make a throwing motion in front ofyou, depending on how fast you do this will depend if you either loft the ballor do a bullet pass.If you want to stiff arm someone while you have the balleither point the Wii mote to the left or right and to just you do the same thingexcept with the nunchuk attachment.While these controls might seem cumbersomeand hard to master it is very easy once you understand how to use them and makesthe game more interactive, personal, and fun.All in all, EA did a great job withthe controls, but it is still not perfect.There are two things wrong with thecontrols and it is the kicking system and the Big Hits controls.